Friday, May 16, 2008

Wagner shits on Metropolitan Teamies.

Billy Wagner might be the only member for the New York Metropolitans that is firing on all cylinders. I mean Ryan Church has been too, but how long will that last. This isn't the first time that Billy Wagner has opened his mouth. A few weeks ago, he did the same thing and openly criticized Starting Pitcher Oliver Perez (THANK YOU!) about a shitty game he pitched. He only lasted 1 1/3 innings in the 13-1 shalacking at the hands of the Pittsburgh Pirates. Maybe Wagner is overly critical or maybe he's right.

I loathe the Mets, I honestly do, but I mean stand up for your team. Wagner says only a select few guys stand around to talk to reporters after a loss (him, David Wright, etc) and that it's getting old fast. You have to stand there after a loss as much as a win. This is your team, have some respect for yourself and answer to the problems your team is having. Don't just shower and bounce. I actually have to say that I respect Wagner for this. It's actually show that New York has done him some good, and that he doesn't give a fuck what people think. He wants people to be held accountable for their shitty playing and what-not.

This is very much like the Andruw Jones story, Andruw Jones came into Spring Training out of shape, and sluggish, and couldn't hit a bull in the ass with a snow shovel, but he didn't talk to reporters, he blamed it on allergies. Just fucking come out and say "I can't hit right now, I'm working through it, hopefully I can get back on track." Is that so fucking hard to do? I mean, come on, if every player did this there wouldn't be that many journalists sitting around having shit like Wagner's rant to talk about. Players need to take responsibility for their playing, whether it's good or it's bad, you need to put up or shut up.

Football is the anti-baseball. Football players have a fucking CONFERENCE after the game. Losers and winners talking about their individual performances. Baseball players get interviewed in the lockerroom. I mean, it's not the greatest place to conduct an interview when a player is standing around in his underoos, but whatever. I mean, if I was a baseball player, and I had a shitty game, I would want to talk about it. And I would joke about it too, albeit, seriously. If you're hitting/fielding/pitching is shitty, speak up, because if you do, your fans will get behind you. If you don't, you just get booed to high Heaven.

No comments: