Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Scott Rosenberg....Fuck you, No.

First of all Scott Rosenberg is a writer, he most recently wrote October Road (which I liked, don't get me wrong, but what-the-fuck?). He also penned Domestic Disturbance, High Fidelity, Disturbing Behavior, and Con Air ...(and Kangaroo Jack...fuck the heck?)...So, I mean, the guy can write Domestic Disturbance wasn't really a great flick, but Con Air, High Fidelity, and Disturbing Behavior were all pretty much good flicks.

However, I just found out two things about young Scott Rosenberg that startled me. To explain first and foremost, if you know me, you know that I am a huge (huge) fan of the Joe Pitt Series that Charlie Huston has put out (as well as his Moon Knight run) which go by the titles of Already Dead, Half the Blood of Brooklyn, and No Dominion. These books came out before Moonlight and all that shit, so don't get the wrong idea. Charlie Huston writes noir-crime-fiction. Which, I kid you not, is fantastic. It's based on a vampyre named Joe Pitt (and that's all you get). I found out that there's a movie in development ...based on the first book Already Dead....and Scott Rosenberg is behind it. I nearly cried. The cat behind October Road one of the most overly pretentious shows ever written? Christ on a crutch. Then I started reading about the guy; and I saw that he was once arrested ...

For getting into a bar fight with Vince Vaughn and Steve Buscemi in which he was stabbed three times in the scuffle.

Right on.

No comments: