Saturday, May 31, 2008

Chipper Jones' comments are....awesome.

This was on CBSSportsline.com, firstly, he's batting over .400 and he's pissed because every year he's overlooked by fans, and whoever else votes, despite having a fantastic career and all that. He said this:

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that Chipper Jones leads David Wright in All-Star voting at the third base position in the NL through Wednesday. He hasn't made the All-Star team since 2001. "Honestly it's a shame that I've got to go out and hit .400 for two months to make an All-Star team," Jones said. "It's kind of depressing to me because I've had -- to me -- what I think are some pretty good first halves, what I think is a pretty good career, and I haven't made an All-Star team since '01. ... But I'll take it. Got to make a splash to get people's attention? Got to make a splash."

Love him or hate him, it's the truth. He's been overlooked more times than John McCain's health records. I hate David Wright, he's having a not-so-good year, and if he makes it to the All Star Team in front of Chipper Jones, I will boycott baseball. Not only that, but if David Wright makes it in front of Ryan Braun, I will fucking be astonished. Braun is having a fantastic year. It's just funny to me that there's always these fan favorites that have to be right up there, like David Wright. He's never that good, he has some good stats (sometimes) and he gets the fans behind him and New York Metropolitans fans are fucking retarded. Ryan Braun deserves to be in the All Star game, what I think should happen, and what I think are going to happen are two totally different things.

Fuck you David Wright, I hate your guts.

No comments: