Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chipper Jones: Most Valuable Player?

Chipper Jones is my favorite baseball player. I think I've made this fact known time and time again. I defend him against the best of the best every year, because he is the Best of the Best. Chipper Jones batted .337 last year; which was one behind the batting title.


This year, his line is incredible. I understand that it's May 7th, I understand that it's probably just a hot start, but is it? Can it actually be more than a hot start? It's a possibility. Chipper is batting .426 in 29 games, has 49 hits, 10 HRs, 29 RBIs, 14 Walks, and only 10 K's in 115 At Bats.


Chipper Jones is churning on all cylinders. He's determined to play in 150 games this year, despite being injured very often in the last couple of years (wether it be his feet, hands, quads what have you). He's a Hall of Famer, he's a career .300 batter, he's 4 HR's short of 400 dingers. Chipper Jones is going to win the Batting title this year, unless of course he gets hurt, or just has an abysmal rest of the year. I could understand that a slump may come, it just doesn't look like it's going to happen.


The Braves offense never falters, but I think we need a new pitching staff built around Timmy Hudson.
Also, if Chipper Jones doesn't start 3rd for the All-Star game, I'm going to boycott baseball and write a 1,000 letters to Bud Selig complaining about the All-Star ballots.


No comments: