Monday, May 5, 2008

I'm all Bamboozled out...

After a day of music, food, and watching teeny-boppers get punched in the face. I have decided that I am never going to another Music Festival every again. My brother (Dan-O) obliges, the Bamboozle which it is aptly called, gave us what we wanted to see. Performances by:

Cobra Starship
Motion City Soundtrack
Phantom Planet
Bouncing Souls
Alien Ant Farm
Sound the Alarm
All Time Low
Envy On the Coast
Bret Michaels (sucks)
&
Much, much more.

I didn't name Panic at the Disco, because we didn't stick around for them. We were there since 11:30am and left at 8pm...so when we found out that Panic was going to be on at 9:30 at night, until 10:30 at night....we said fuck it and went home.

My face is red, my arms are red, my legs hurt, my back hurts, my neck hurts. My entire body hurts and I don't mosh (so it's not from that). It's from standing around for 8 1/2 hours. We're both tired and mentally exhausted.

One thing that this festival can do without is the little kids who go there dressed like freak-o's wearing their black fishnet stockings, and their peircings like honor. There is no honor in this, I am a normal person (so you think) and I dig a lot of that music from yesterday. I don't dig the scream-o heavy metal bullshit. Sound and Fury is the worst band ever. God, what a terrible fucking set they had. Whilst really gathering about 25-30 fan, the band after them Alien Ant Farm came out and rocked the fucking house; to about a 100+. After AAF came and went, Phantom Planet totally fucking stole the show, holy shit, a fantastic set of music. New, and of course old (they played "California" and everyone sang along).

They didn't play a lot of old stuff, but I think that's because they trying to become mainstream rock and not play a lot of that mellow stuff. After PP came Motion City Soundtrack which we only caught a couple of songs L.G.F.U.A.D, Broken Heart, and Everything is Alright; we walked over to where the Mighty Mighty Bosstones (of Boston, Mass.) were playing and they stunk so we split.

All in all, it was fun, but I would not do it again.

1 comment:

JD said...

Other titles for this post could've been:

"Phantom Planet wet my shit!"
"The AC is on so I stay awake"
"JD and the Gyro"
"Dan-O <3's The Bouncing Souls"