Saturday, May 10, 2008

Something I posted on Yahoo! sports:

"David Wright IS clearly overrated. His gold glove win is laughable. And so you can look at his stats and say that he is a .308 hitter. He's only played 4 years. FOUR YEARS. Chipper Jones has been playing since 95' and has a lifetime .309 average. Get back to me when David Wright can do that. As far as this 20/20 stat is concerned, who gives a crap? Lets look at the stats, shall we? Chipper Jones has NEVER...EVER...struck out 100 times in a season. Ever. Check it out. David Wright in his first 3 years (of full service) has struck out 113, 113, and 115 times. This year, he's already got 24 K's matched up to Chipper Jones' 10.

I'm not saying that David Wright is a bad player, but he's not the holy grail of baseball like all Mets fans make him out to be. He's a decent fielding 3rd Baseman. I can already see his average plummeting over the next couple of years, while Reyes' speed waivers and he doesn't steal 70 bases a year. I understand that slumps happen, but people need to realize this and not be just blind cows going into the slaughter. I am a die-hard Braves fan. That doesn't make me an idiot (as Mets fans would say) it just makes me loyal to the team that I grew up watching. Chipper Jones is having a "monster" year, and if he stays healthy should put up "monster" stats. This year, however, I do not see David Wright putting up "monster" stats.

The David Lettermann curse thing is crap too, by the way."


TRUTH!

No comments: