Friday, July 6, 2007

This whole Cloverfield deal.

Alright, JJ Abrams is producing a new flick. Currently the flick is being called Cloverfield which isn't a bad title regardless of the flick. However, I saw the teaser-trailer for the first time tonight in front of Transformers (which I won't review; sorry), and I am seriously fucking intrigued by it. It seems like it'll be an entirely different take on the entire "disaster" flick. It seems to have a monster of some sort attacking New York City, initially people think it's an Earthquake, then in the distance you see something attacking a building. People are scurrying down a flight of stairs, nearly falling, and pour out onto the street where they stand and watch as something seriously attacks more buildings. Then, and only then, the head of the Statue of Liberty comes tumbling down the street. When I saw that JJ Abrams was producing (it flashed during the trailer) I knew exactly what it was. My brother asked me, and I said "It's this flick called Cloverfield that's being heavily guarded" and this is the truth. Finally, a site has popped up for it. Here. It's pretty awesome to look at for a moment, initially taking in the fake-fear that these two actors possessed for the shot.

Need I mention that the entire trailer was shot by a single-hand-held camera? What I would suggest doing is going to Ethanhaaswasright.com, and check this shit out first:



Later.

No comments: