Monday, July 23, 2007

The Adventure of Marc in the City: The Concert Edition

I hate the city. For those of you who don't know, I'm referring to New York City. "But, Marc! How can you hate New York City!? It's the greatest city in the world!" I'll tell you why I hate the city. There too many people. I'm sure JD feels the same. We hate people...hence we hate large groups of people. But anyway, I do travel into the city on extremely infrequent occasions, with last Thursday being one of them. Myself, and 3 others went to go see Reel Big Fish and Less Than Jake play at the Roseland Ballroom, marking the first time I ever went into the city to see a concert. Previously, I had said, :Where are they playing? Roseland Ballroom/Irving Plaza/whatever? Fuck that. I hate the city."

Needless to say, somehow I was talking into going. How that happened is beyond me, but alas we went. Rather than write a full, boring step by step story of what happened, instead I'm going to list a bunch of things that happened...and you all can piece it together.

1) A friend of mine throwing up on the train...on the way there. Too drunk too fast.
2) Another friend of mine FORGETTING HIS AND 2 OTHER PEOPLES TICKETS (not mine) and having to go ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE TRAIN STATION and then BACK TO THE CITY.
3) Walking around the city with 2 very drunk people and 1 very not drunk person.
4) Walking into what I swear is the biggest McDonalds ever (it was 3 fucking floors!), just to use the bathroom.
5) Going into the Roseland, and starting to sweat my ass off as there must be like 10 thousand people inside and there is like no AC.
6) Reel Big Fish plays. Awesome. I notice a lot of lesbians are fans of ska music.
7) Less Than Jake plays. Awesome. They play a version of the price is right, with plinko!
8) Drama ensues between people who came with me. They leave during the Less Than Jake because they are fighting and making a scene. I don't care.
9) Me getting angry because I can't find anyone after the concert, so I say fuck it, let the drunks find their way back to Penn Station. I'm pretty sure they'll walk in the total opposite direction.
10) Me getting phone call, asking to meet up. I halfheartedly agree. We walk back to Penn Station.
11) Me realizing I am not drunk enough to deal with this shit.
12) We get home, despite losing our ride from the train station back to my car.

Such ends another day in the city, with the Marc.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would like to point out that the actual band watching, was awesome, also you forgot about the kitty