Saturday, July 14, 2007

Live Free or Die...fucking...Hard.

I've seen all of the Die Hard movies, I've been an enormous fan of Bruce Willis movies since I saw the Striking Distance with Willis playing a ...boat cop (?) who's banging Sarah Jessica Parker. And the whole Little Red Riding Hood thing, and the guy from Murphy Brown who's dead now, AND Dennis Farina.

Anyway, I saw Live Free or Die Hard tonight, with my Brother Dan-O, and I'll use a quote from him.."If they blew up a boat, they would've had everything covered." And that's basically a fact, because from an F-35 to a Helicopter to a Car to a Building shit was exploding. Not in a bad way, not like Michael Bay's overzealousness or something like that. It was Die Hard type of exploding. Like "Holy Shit, you killed a helicopter with a car" kind of shit. I mean, come on, who the fuck doesn't want to see Bruce Willis kicking some serious fucking ass. And the fantastically beautiful Mary-Elizabeth Winstead stealing scenes with Timothy Olyphant (who is awesome). And then, and only then, you get to The Warlock. The New Jersian son of a bitch, Kevin Smith. And you know what, the man can actually act. The very few scenes he had, he owned, and that's the God's Honest Truth. I'm not just saying that because I've got a man-crush on him, but the utter-seriousness of it all is, that he really held his own for the three-four minute scene with Bruce Willis and Justin Long (actual actors). Kevin Smith needs to act some more, because he's actually kinda good at it.

Ha!

Seriously though, Mr. Smith, you should write a movie about a comic book nerd who falls in love with a lesbian who fights a massive shit-monster who works at a place with a cow as the figure head and then star in it.

Yeah, boy.

JD

No comments: