Sunday, July 1, 2007

The Baseball Hall of Fame.

Okay, I know it's been a long time coming. I know that I got home from the Hall of Fame on Saturday, and that it's been a week since I've gotten home. I just don't have the time to sit down and write a blog about baseball. Well, now I do, I suppose.

Anyway, I'm half in the bag right now, halfway to bat-shit-crazy drunk, and I decided: Hey! Now would be an awesome time to write that HOF blog. And well, here it goes:


Upon arriving in Cooperstown, New York my father and I try to find a hotel somewhere. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, we're in it for a fucking night, so really it could be a shack. We stop at a Best Western and unbeknownst to us it costs $214.95 for one night. $215-fucking-dollars. So we got to the Holiday Inn Express, once again, it's fucking $215 dollars. At this point, I'm getting aggravated, and this is edging closer to ruining my weekend, but we pull into a Red Carpet (roof?) Inn, and get a room for one night at a rate of (a still outrageous) $120 bucks (132 after taxes). We get the room keys and decided that we're just going to go to the HOF. It's a pivotal part of the trip.

We get there, and the HOF costs $29.00 bucks for two people. Not great, but not horrible. We get inside, we watch this little movie which shows some clips (Andruw Jones was present) and we go on our way. Now, I'm not going to talk about everything I saw. God, I don't remember anything anyway. I remember seeing the No-Hit balls. If you click on the photo it'll enlarge to it's much greater size, and you might be able to make out some shit. It was a truly awesome thing to see, a lot of people you wouldn't expect have No-Hitters.
Anyway, we get around to seeing a lot of stuff, a Uniform worn my Warren Spahn, and Eddie Matthew's jerseys. As well as a slew of old baseball cards, World Series ring (Braves '95), Tom Seaver's shows, etc.




One of the greatest things I saw that day though, was the Boston World Series ball, which Doug Meintchevewavseaviz was thrown, and he stole (basically). He loaned it to the HOF and there it rests along with probably the best damn thing that sits in that HOF; Curt Schilling's Bloody Sock. Holy shit. I don't care if it's fake or not, but Jesus, it was awesome. Just stare at it, in awe. Below that gorgeous boody sock is the World Series Ball.






Also, I got to see the home plate that resided first at Ebbets field in Crown Heights (Brooklyn New York), and it was yellow, and fucking amazing. There was awesome so much Babe Ruth stuff, bats, and balls, bats that he hit tremendous home runs with, and a silver slugger bat that he no doubt won. One thing that stood in the HOF was Babe Ruth's original locker. It stood as a shrine to the fat man. As you can see below, the picture isn't the greatest, but even my Dad cheesed about the locker. Always a player, never a fan, my dad loved seeing something like that. It just seemingly, made him happy.


There was so much other stuff at the Hall of Fame, but I mean, how much baseball can you look at. I was bombarded with so much information, and now I can say I went there. I truly am a baseball fan. I love the Braves, and the stuff was amazing. I'll post so more pictures below, of the trip and stuff, but I'm not writing anymore. It's just pointless, there's too much to write, and this is just a blog of awesomeness, not something to bore people with. Just know, that I got to spend time with my Pops, and I had an awesome time in the HOF. I do, however, hate Cooperstown New York, and their $17 dollar bacon, egg, and cheese's.

There's pictures, I will post more when time permits.



That my friends, is Doubleday Field.

No comments: