Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The State of Music

Can I just say that 2008 has been the absolute WORST year in music I can possibly remember. I literally cannot say there are ANY albums worth listening this year.

JD will say the best thing to come out this year so far is that Vampire Weekend album, which I have not yet picked up. But compare this to last year when Fall Out Boy, Kaiser Chiefs, Relient K all released by this time. I have found nothing this year that interests me at all. Hopefully this will change startign next week, when The Matches drop their new album and the week after when Panic! At The Disco released their much awaited followup.

Here's what we have to look forward to for the rest of this year:


April:
  • Phantom Planet - Raise the Dead
  • Goldfinger - Hello Destiny
  • Jack's Mannequin - The Glass Passenger

Undetermined:

  • Coldplay
  • Metallica
  • Offspring
  • Oasis
  • Rise Against

Not really that impressive when last year we had:

  • Queens of the Stone Age
  • White Stripes
  • Straylight Run
  • Rooney
  • Rilo Kiley
  • Motion City Soundtrack
  • Foo Fighters
  • Jimmy Eat World
  • Coheed and Cambria
  • Radiohead
  • The Bravery

And remember....2007 was not that great of a year for music either.

1 comment:

JD said...

I beg to differ. I think The Matches, We Are Scientists, and Panic's albums (2 of which I already have) are worthy of a good listen.

Phantom Planet, and Jacks Mannequin are a given.