Thursday, March 27, 2008

Richard Widmark dies.

Richard Widmark is best known for his role as Tommy Udo in Kiss of Death a role that he played so fiercely that it made him an overnight sensation. I've seen Kiss of Death one time, and it left a lasting impression. I may not remember everything about the flick, since I saw it probably six years ago or so, but I remember the important parts. 

The flick has Widmark's Udo going after a snitch, in the scene I remember it as one of the creepiest scenes I've ever seen (other than Christian Bale's American Psycho role), he shoves the snitch's mother, bound to her wheel chair, down a flight of stairs to her death. 

Solidified by Widmark's freakish giggle, the role of Tommy Udo is forever sewn into my mind. 

Widmark died at the age of 89, in Roxbury, CT. 

No comments: