Friday, March 28, 2008

Marc's Baseball Preview

Yeah...you read the title, here's how I think this season is going to go down. The record in parenthesis are what I think each teams W/L record is going to be.

AL East

Boston (96-66)
NY Yankees (92-70)
Toronto (87-75)
Tampa Bay (79-83)
Baltimore (73-89)

AL Central

Detroit (98-64)
Cleveland (93-69)
Chicago (84-78)
Minnesota (78-84)
Kansas City (72-90)

AL West

LA Angels (90-72)
Seattle (85-77)
Oakland (81-81)
Texas (79-83)

NL East

NY Mets (93-69)
Atlanta (88-76)
Philadelphia (85-79)
Washington (74-88)
Florida (67-95)

NL Central

Chicago (84-78)
Milwaukee (82-80)
Cincinnati (78-84)
St. Louis (75-87)
Pittsburgh (74-88)
Houston (72-90) * My choice for team most likely to fall from grace

NL West

Arizona (98-64) (WATCH OUT for this team)
LA Dodgers (89-73)
Colorado (85-77)
San Diego (83-79)
San Francisco (65-97) * My Choice for WORST TEAM IN BASEBALL


AL Division Winners: Boston, Detroit, Angels
Wild Card: Cleveland (I'm sorry...but I just don't think the Yankees have enough pitching)

NL Division Winners: Mets, Chicago, Arizona
NL Wild Card: Braves

Playoff Predictions:

AL:
Boston over Cleveland
Detroit over Angels
Detroit over Boston (ONLY, and I TRULY MEAN ONLY if the Tigers manage to have a decent bullpen and have everyone healthy. If their bullpen doesn't come together and is healthy come October, I would pick Boston)

NL:
Mets over Chicago
Arizona over Braves
Arizona over Mets (With a 1-2 punch with Brandon Webb and Dan Haren, a lineup that has hitters at every position, the potential Randy Johnson factor...this team is built for the next 3-5 years to be VERY good)

World Series:
Arizona over Detroit

I just happen to love Arizona and their front office right now for making the best move in the offseason (Haren trade) and keeping all of their prospects and having them be GOOD prospects. I'm projection monster seasons for Conor Jackson and Stephen Drew, but the guy you really need to keep an eye on is Chris Young.

I expect a rebuttal by JD tomorrow...so keep your eyes posted.




1 comment:

JD said...

It's all wrong. That's my rebuttal. Of course you're going to pick the Metropolitans to win the National League East, of course you are.

Granted, John Maine and Oliver Perez both suck...who else is on their pitching staff? Mike Pelfrey?

Woot.

Anyway, I'd much rather take Hudson, Smoltz, Glavine, James and Hampton, or Buddy Carlisle, Jair Jurrjens, or Jo-Jo Reyes.

And Arizona is going to win the World Series?

You're smoking some serious fucking hooka, and I'm pissed cause you're not sharing it with me.

It amazes me that you picked all the teams that made huge off season deals - such as: D-Backs (Haren) Metropolitans (Johan) Detroit (Willis, Cabrera, Renteria) etc.

Have some faith in teams that don't need to trade to make themselves contenders...and not blow their playoff dreams to the Phillies before the first round starts!