Friday, November 2, 2007

The Real American Gangster ...Lance Manlode.

He reclines back in his EZ Chair, wearing a black robe made out of leather (yes, leather) wearing a pair of black wayfarers with a pipe in his mouth. This is Lance Manlode and this is the self-proclaimed "Bad Boy on the Block."

He refuses to give his age to anyone, even his mother saying: "**** that bitch, she's a tough broad, but she forgot my birthday one year so from then on out, I refused to tell her my age. Then I beat her with a wooden mallet and her memories gone. She's calls me Lennie and touches me inappropriately." Amidst the release of Ridley Scott flick American Gangster he says that Frank Lucas (the antagonist) learned everything he knows from Lanceford T. Manlode.

"Frankie Boy was a little brat when he first came to the hood. Literally, just like a six year old girl. I taught him everything he ****ing knew." Lance then offers me blow, which I politely decline of course, but he does a few lines saying "this is grade-a Asian blow man."

Apparently in all his travels he went to the East of Asia to find cocaine, but found woman instead and started a burlesque show in which he starred as a lion tamer and announcer. "Whoa, Heh, those were good times, man. I really, I really miss them." Lance shed a few tears and then went on to the West of Asia where he met his former wife Ima Chan. Chan went on to marry Charlie Chaplin then she disappeared. Manlode believes that Chaplin killed her with a pick axe in a pizza joint in downtown Chicago.

"Pizza Hut, he killed her in a ****ing Pizza Hut!" Lance stammers, shedding more tears. As far as the police know Chaplin didn't kill Ima Chan, the police don't know who Ima Chan is regardless since she was never actually married to either man. "I got married to her in Vegas, or China, I don't know. There were lights, and stuff."

Even with all his problems and issues Manlode still claims to be the greatest American Villain to have ever lived. He says, "King Kong has nothing on me!" and I have to remind him that Denzel Washington said that in Training Day a few years ago.
"I said it first, Denzel Washington has nothing on me either. Screw him."

When Lance Manlode moved into Harlem, New York, the first few days were self-admittedly; difficult. "Holy ****ing Shit! There was black people every-****ing-where! I was scared to death!" Apparently in his trials and tribulations the Asian government banned Mr. Manlode from living in any part of Asia.

"Who the **** ran Asia back then didn't like the Burlesque business, didn't like the kind of stuff I was selling. So, they wanted me out, they wanted me out like I was a retarded kid in a woman's womb."

I can't help, but sigh at him when he says his last line. He cackles incessantly after saying it, his laugh turning into a rasp and finally a destructive cough. When he coughs, his smokers-cough, you can't help but feel bad for him. "I think I have smoke inhilations..." he says "Maybe something wrong with my lungs, from the smoke inhilations."

If you listen to Lance Manlode ramble on long enough, you'll hear the good stories about Bobby Pianola, or Jack "of all trades" Maloney, and the whores, the money, and the blow. Mainly the blow; "Do you have any blow?" he asks. I remind him that he just offered me some blow, and he admits that the substance he just snorted was "Flour mixed with salt and sugar. Whoa!"

Lance Manlode currently stars on the Marc and JD Radio Show on Nowlive.com/Marcandjd.

The real article for the Frank Lucas shit is found here.

American Gangster was an awesome, awesome flick.

No comments: