Thursday, August 23, 2007

Three bands that have changed my life for the better.

Seriously, it just dawned on me how much I've loved these guys, and they've been around for a fucking decade! Holy shit. I remember when they first came out with their song Push and Thomas was sporting the black nail polish on the finger nails. I thought to myself "What a fruit...?" and then the band came out with one of my favorite songs ever written "3AM" God. Jesus Fucking Christ. I might sound stupid and immature, but Jesus Christ, the song is amazing. I can't explain why I love the song, and I shouldn't have too. The music came at a time in my life, when I was influenced upon by everything around me. Matchbox Twenty, Third Eye Blind, and Eve6 were all influences on me. Therefore, within the next three days, I'm going to write three separate entries for these three bands. All unique in their own way. Some aren't around anymore (Eve6), Some have fought the test of time (Third Eye Blind), and others have disbanded and come back together (Matchbox Twenty).

Matchbox Twenty will (hopefully) come tomorrow. Whereas I throw out there my love for a band that is seldomly remembered because Rob Thomas went out to do pop music, only to come back and put out a fantastic single called "How Far We've Come." I would write this first article now, but I am tired as hell. Therefore it wouldn't be as good if I did it now; And I want it to be good.

Thanks.

No comments: