Thursday, August 23, 2007

JD's Solution to Movie Piracy.

Recently there was this article on Wired.com's blog. I skimmed it (I don't read Wired.com, because it sucks) and found out that the culprit behind those Transformers copies has been charged (he plead guilty). Whatever. Listen, you want to stop people from copying shit in the movie theatre? Stop upping the God-Fucking-Price. Jesus. In my lifetime, movies have gone from 6.50 to 11.50 and so on. It's fucking crazy. If people didn't demand such a high price to see a flick, people wouldn't download/videotape/pirate it. Piracy is costing studios somewhere in the vicinity of $18.2 billion dollars. Well, lets put it this way, if you stopped charging $11 dollars for movie tickets, and just charge, lets be reasonable, $6-7 bucks, then you wouldn't be losing money, because unless you're a really bad fucking scumbag, you can afford that. Plus, kids tickets are cheaper anyway, Senior Citizens get to go practically for free. I mean, $6-7 bucks for a flick is a reasonable price to pay. If I was a pirate (har-har) I wouldn't film if all I had to pay was $6 bucks to see a new flick. Of course, if you're seeing a flick in IMAX you're going to pay more (I don't know why...fuck it). Just be fucking reasonable, people are doing this, because other people would rather pay five bucks for a bootleg than $11.50 for a movie ticket.

Fuck the MPAA too. Christ.

JD

No comments: