Friday, August 3, 2007

Tennis still sucks.

So, today at work I'm marveled by a sport I don't often watch: Tennis. John Isner vs. Tommy Haas. Isner is the pure-bred looking American Pretty Boy who I would've probably heckled in highschool, whilst Haas looks like he could beat me to death with something very large.

Now, yes, I'm at work, and no, I won't tell you where I work, but I don't do much stuff. Especially if it's not asked of me, so while my Manager is interviewing someone (to no-doubt replace the bumbling idiot watching television constantly) I watch tennis. I don't know why, but I was really getting into it. I found myself rooting for Isner, despite the fact that I loathe the ground he walks on, and I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the Nazis, and the German, but fuck if I wasn't cheering on this Isner guy.

The match went like this Isner taking the first set 6-4, Haas taking the second 6-7, and Isner winning the match after a grueling tie-breaker in the third set 7-6 after a 6-6 tie.
Maybe why I was so enthused by this is because of the tie break. It went on for a good ten minutes or so, going back and forth, continually matching points, until Isner finally got his second wind and finished off the German in the third set 7-6. Something, however, that I would suggest is that they change what these players wear. I'm kind of against watching a 20-plus American dude sweating through his white shirt. There's no need to see nipples on ESPN....unless of course they're attached to a swimsuit model.

JD

No comments: