Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Informers.

It's hard to believe it, but someone is making Bret Easton Ellis' The Informers a reality. The pic will star Kim Basinger, Brandon Routh, and Billy Bob Thorton. Basinger will play Thorton's wife in the flick, Thorton playing a movie executive, and Routh playing a vampire who lures his victims care of a night club scene.

Now, I read the book. I've read all of Ellis' books. They're all film-adaption-worthy but this one isn't. It's a great book, but it's a collection of short storys that intertwine. I honestly don't know how they're going to play it off. I'll definitely fucking see the flick, but I'm curious to see a script on it.

Gregor Jordan, who directed Bufallo Soldiers is directing it, and a few more names being mentioned to star are Jon Foster, Lou Taylor Pucci, and Ashley Olsen (yes, that Ashley Olsen).

Thats it. If you haven't read the book, I would seriously recommend doing so. It's worth the read, and you could probably get it off of Amazon for like a penny with $3 shipping.

No comments: