Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Roth does PG-13

Eli Roth, who has directed and written such classics as Cabin Fever and Hostel is penning his next flick, which'll be PG-13. Apparently Roth is all bled out when it comes to pushing the boundaries of violence in his flicks. He has done nothing, but gore since his debut flick Cabin Fever hit theatres in 2002. Roth has garnered somewhat of a cult following (me included) who love the gore, so one has to wonder if his fan-base will diminish.

Roth said: "This will be my first big-budget, PG-13, mass-destruction movie. I went total chaos and pandemonium"

I don't know about you guys, but I loved Hostel. Cabin Fever is one of my favorite movies, I am clearly and utterly obsessed with it. It's fantastic. I mean, Roth's flicks (other than Fever) are mainly shock-and-awe horror, which in Hostel & Hostel 2 are definitely present. Those flicks are meant to shock you, meant to give you thoughts and open your eyes to things that are disturbing.

Roth isn't the best director in the world, I think if you asked him that, he'd confirm it. He is however, getting better. And I am a fan of his stuff as are other people like Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino.

On a related note Roth is currently attached to direct/produce Cell which is based on the Stephen King novel of the same name, which is King's take on Cell phones destroying America and practically causing a zombie epic.

No comments: