Friday, September 28, 2007

The Greatest...

Choke....


...of all time.

Belongs to the team I hate most. The New York Metropolitans. Eff you David Wright.

My God man, I mean, seriously. You were seven games up fifteen days ago, and now you're DOWN one game! How do you lose like that. The Mets have performed the greatest Choke of all time (personally speaking) and it's damn near gratifying for me.

I've been hunting for my Phils hat for three hours. Also, if I hear someone else tell me that fucking Matt Holliday isn't winning the NL MVP I'm going to snap. Jesus Fuck. The guy has had a career year he's batting .339, with 36 dingers, 134 rbis, an OBP of .403, and a SLG of .605 and people are questioning this...for David Wright or Jimmy Rollins. No sir.

David Wright who has struggled all season is finally batting .322 with 30 HRs, 106 rbis, an OBP of .415 and a SLG of .548.

Jimmy Rollins' stats. .295, 30 HR, 93 rbi, OBP .343 and SLG .529

Now. Honestly. I'm a Chipper Jones fan. Actually, he's my favorite player ever, so when I say his numbers after he missed 29 games, I smile gleefully.

Avg. .339, 29 HR, 102 rbi, .427 obp and a .609 SLG. Granted the .609 slugging, and .427 OBP are better than all the above. I'm willing to concede for his lack of HR and rbis, but fucking Christ, Chipper Jones is awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

jd

No comments: