Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Metropolitans axe Randolph; Manuel steps in

Say what you will about The Mets, the greatest disappointment for New York in the last couple of years. They have been on the outs since early on this season which writers/fans/assholes (like me!) speculated would lead to the end of Willie Randolph's Managerial career with the Metropolitans.

Well, it has. Willie Randolph has gotten the proverbial axe, he has bit the bullet and swallowed. Jerry Manuel steps in to take his place (temporarily).

I have something to say about this, because I am not as much of an asshole as you think I am. I never said that Willie Randolp should get fired. I said that he will get fired, because the Metropolitans needed to do something Omar Minaya went out and got permission from the Owners to fire his Skipper, and he did just that. Willie Randolph isn't at fault her, other that opening his mouth so shit can fall out onto the ground, he's done nothing wrong. His team stinks. They're playing like a big band of misfits. Wagner blowing saves? WAGNER BLOWING SAVES?! Carlos Delgado hitting .200? Beltran hitting somewhere like .230? I mean, you can't have your fucking ALL-STARS hitting those numbers and not do anything about it.

No comments: