Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Shyamalan to scribe "Unbreakable" sequel.

Unbreakable is a rather good movie, much like his first effort The Six Sense and third movie Signs, M. Night Shyamalan made the unbelievable believable. Unbreakable starred Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson - Willis as a guy who realizes that he's got a special ability after he is the sole surviver in a devastating train crash. 

The movie is really good, if you haven't seen it - you should - but anything after Signs for M. Night Shyamalan is pretty much Unwatchable if you will. 

The Village is a fucking joke. It's not the 1300's, it's the 2000 and those people are all batshit crazy insane. 

Lady in the Water - we GET it..

The Happening...I will not rant about this movie, as much as I really want too, because I've already done so.

M. Night Shyamalan is now making a live action The Last Airbender  movie? Granted, I do not know what this movie is about, but I know it's based on some animated TV show that Justin is obsessed with. 

M. Night Shyamalan is a ...good...story teller. His ideas, however sometimes illconcieved, are interesting and thought provoking. It makes you wonder if he says something like this:

"I want to write it right now, but I want to write it for the right reasons. I want a story to pop into my head that is organic and expressive of who I am. You know, these are all kind of journals of where I am emotionally, so it's kind of hard. I'm kind of trying to go back to the journal that existed in 1999 for me. But I know me: As soon as I give up on it is when the idea will come to me.”

That he's willing to ...go back and try and save his career off of a movie that no doubt got him critical acclaim. 

No comments: